Monday, November 16, 2009

The Evolution of M&M's.

In the past month alone, I have come across two new variants of the popular chocolate candy M&M's.
10292009(001)

Strawberried Peanut Butter M&M's

The first one was the Strawberried Peanut Butter M&M's variant. It was an interesting blend of sweetness and saltiness all wrapped up in that famous candy shell that melts in your mouth, not in your hand. Being a big fan of peanut butter and strawberries, I definitely enjoyed this one. It took a whole lot of willpower not to gobble these all down (especially since the bag was my neice's!).


Orange M&M's

This afternoon when I dropped by my local grocery store, I saw this on the shelf. Interesting, huh? I don't know if it's a special Halloween flavor (the color kinda suggests Halloween, don't you think?) or if it's just coincidence. Anyway, it says limited edition on top so I don't know how long this will be around. I happen to enjoy the mix of chocolates and oranges, but this, I'm not such a big fan. The orange flavoring comes across as a little too artificial for my liking. To be fair, however, it does have an interesting flavor.

It's amazing to see how much M&M's have evolved since it first came out in the market. I remember how thrilled I would be back then when the Blue M&M was introduced, but now, there's more than just the colors to choose from. While the brown bags of milk chocolate M&M's and the yellow bags of it's peanut counterpart are still the front-runners, there are so many other options out there. I personally love the Dark M&M's that come in purple bags and the Peanut Butter ones that come in the orange bag. There's also the Crispy M&M's one. That's so-so for me :-) However, whenever I go see a movie, my favorite silver screen treat is still a bag of popcorn, iced tea, and a bag of Milk Chocolate M&M's.



2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am not a big fan of chocolates, but the evolution does seem interesting. Will inform my brother of this... I am sure he'd like to see these in the stores.

Jenn

ps - followed this blog na. =)

Apple Valley Upholstery said...

Great reading yourr blog post

for more reads, click on the ARCHIVES at the SIDEBAR :-)

or check out my other blogs! yapatoots | Fat Girl No More | Daydream Believer | Teacher Ria | OnADietDaw

Related Posts with Thumbnails