Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoop to Fitness.


Today I dusted off my treadmill and stepped on...and lasted a good ten minutes. I remembered why I hated it...but because I need to find a way to get back in shape, I decided to try my old favorite: the hula hoop.

Boy, did I have fun!!

In a span of 15 minutes, I was dripping with sweat!!! Not only that, I was feeling quite good...as they say, exercise triggers a rush of endorphins which makes us feel happy.

In trying to lose weight, I think an important factor to getting one to exercise is the fun factor of it. Perhaps if we find it more fun, we'd be more consistent with it, don't you think? I have this friend, for example, who loves tennis and because she kept on doing it (and continues to) she has lost a ton of weight and she is loving it.

I heard (and saw!) that the Wii has a hula hooping game. I wanna try that!!!!


In trying to lose weight, I think an important factor to getting one to exercise is the fun factor of it. Perhaps if we find it more fun, we'd be  more consistent with it, don't you think? I have this friend, for example, who loves tennis and because she kept on doing it (and continues to)  she has lost a ton of weight and she is loving it.   Of course, there are also hospital beds occupied by people who had not exercised in many years and had decided all at once to exercise to excess. So be careful not to make this mistake.


photo credit: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/image/942009.html?gs=1

2 comments:

J. said...

Naku sis, super enjoy ko hula hoop ng wii. My record is 800+ for that advanced one, not that your asking *wink* It really is fun and you will really sweat your head off :D

Ria said...

hi sis! ako i use the real hula hoop hehe. i can go up to an hour straight...without dropping the hoop. not that you're asking hehe

for more reads, click on the ARCHIVES at the SIDEBAR :-)

or check out my other blogs! yapatoots | Fat Girl No More | Daydream Believer | Teacher Ria | OnADietDaw

Related Posts with Thumbnails